Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Magnificient butterflies

A few people have recently told me of some encounters they have had with butterflies.  Since I've experienced one myself, I thought I'd share.

  • One of my dearest friends told me that she was having a rough day one day, and she felt the need to go outside on her back porch to recollect herself.  She looked up, and high up in a tree she could see a vibrantly colored orange butterfly.  She was impressed that she could see the color from so far away.  She watched it flutter about, and felt the need to say "Hi, Miss Catelyn".  The butterfly, then, came closer to her.  She talked to it just a little, and then wished it well.  The butterfly flew straight up into the air - as if flying directly to heaven.  :)
    by Noga Ami-ra
  • One of my cousins called me today and asked if there were any significant dates for myself, my husband, or Catelyn at the end of May or beginning of June.  I couldn't think of anything.  She began to explain that she camped out with her family over memorial day weekend, and each time she went outside she would encounter this lovely bright orange butterfly.  As we were talking, she encountered three others!  She said that there were a few times that she was pretty sure that she was being followed by the butterfly.  She said she greeted it, and it seemed to show that it liked that by fluttering a little more.  :)
    Butterfly Migration by Nicki Loam
  • I was driving in my car one day, and I had a lot on my mind.  As I was driving along a straight stretch of road, surrounded by farm land, I noticed that my car was being swarmed by tinly little white butterflies.  They were popping up out of the fields, as I zoomed along.  The speed limit is 55 on that stretch of road, so I was sure I was going to hit the butterflies, but I noticed that I wasn't bumping into them.  Instead, they appeared to be hovering around my car.  It was an incredibly unique experience.  I can only attribute it to a visit from a very special little girl who knew I needed comforting.  :)
So, the moral of these stories, if you will, is to watch for butterflies. 

If you experience a special encounter with a winged beauty, I feel that the odds are good that you are being visited by a little girl with a big heart who feels that you need a little extra joy.

1 comment:

  1. I too have experienced the butterfly! my little sister died when I was 4 and she was 2. at the funeral a stranger gave me a butterfly necklace (which I still have 30 years later)

    we then returned home to find her bedroom full of butterflies, though only my dad and I could see them. sounds crazy, I know, but what better than a butterfly to symbolize the beauty and innocence of a daughter gone too soon.

    I am glad to hear others have felt this gift, too!

    ReplyDelete