Monday, January 7, 2013

A different but "Merry" Christmas (from Dec. 2011)

This was a post (altered only by removing names) from facebook written on 12/5/2011:

 This year, I don't really feel like 'celebrating' Christmas.  I haven't purchased one gift, and I absolutely DO NOT want anything for myself.
     I haven't sent any Christmas Cards (though I did make quite a few with my Stampin' Up! friends), and I have no plans to write up a cutesy holiday letter.
     Don't get me wrong - I love Christmas - I love the lights, giving gifts, singing carols, baking, being invited places, spending time with friends and family, hearing from loved ones, and of course decorating.
      I have been listening to the 24-7 Christmas song stations, and I've even gone out to see a holiday parade filled with lighted floats and more!  At most, I might put up a teeny-tiny tree in Catelyn's room, and I have her stocking available to put a note in to tell her how much I miss her and love her.  I've decided to 'gift' her presents, that I had already started purchasing in the summer, to an organization that takes in items for children (haven't decided which one yet, though).
     Many, many friends and family members have wanted to do something for my husband and I, and we greatly appreciate that.  The best thing that I can come up with is donate your time or funds to people in need.  Get involved somehow, and if there is a "in honor of" option on what you do, please consider doing it on behalf of Catelyn.

Some ideas of places to donate to:
Whatever you choose to do, I hope that your Christmas is extra merry this year!

2010 First Christmas - at Grandma and Grandpa's


2010 First Christmas - at Great Grandma & Great Grandpa's

No comments:

Post a Comment