Monday, September 8, 2014

Random acts of Catelyn

Catelyn's third angelversary is 3 days away.  I posted a Facebook event in her memory on August 11th, asking that people consider doing something nice for another person and thinking of Catelyn as they did so.

The response has been overwhelming.  Strangers, acquaintances, friends, and family have generously given their time, talents, health and wealth, all in Catelyn's name.  It is such a beautiful gift to see people unafraid to recognize and honor the life of my daughter, whether they met her or not.

It's hard not to wonder what Catelyn would be like now.  She would be starting her second week of 4 year old kindergarten (4k) today.  

I am blessed to have such amazing support,  and can only hope that the good acts people choose to commit in Catelyn's name/memory comes back to each person tenfold.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. I'm sorry that your daughter passed away. She is simply beautiful. I can only hope that you can one day find peace. My heart aches for you and I know nothing I say can make it better. Just know that there's a random stranger on the internet who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lacey, your kind words mean more than you may realize.

    ReplyDelete