Saturday, June 22, 2013

Walk a little slower daddy.

Father's day...

In 2011, Catelyn helped my husband open his Father's day gift.  She had tons of experience opening gifts in December (Christmas & birthday), and after that, she couldn't leave any packages alone.  It was rather sweet...

...and she was an excellent helper, of course.

Years ago, I worked at a daycare.  As a daycare teacher, we tried to come up with fun gifts for parents on their special days.  We used the poem below for Father's day.  It's a beautiful sentiment...extremely hard for a bereaved parent, but beautiful nonetheless.

"Walk a little slower Daddy"

"Walk a little slower, Daddy!" said a little child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I do not want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, you're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child, who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!"
Author: unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment